REEF transforms urban spaces into community hubs that create jobs and bring new goods, services and experiences to the neighborhood. With an ecosystem of 5,000 locations and a team that’s over 18,000 strong, REEF is the largest operator of parking real estate and delivery restaurants in America, Canada and the UK with a growing presence across Europe. By connecting the world to your block, we’re making the place you live, the place you love to be.
·What You'll Do:
As a Tax Manager you’ll play a key role in optimizing our worldwide tax position while having the opportunity to get exposure to all areas of corporate taxation. We are looking for a self-directed professional willing to dig in to resolve issues and answer questions. Responsibilities
· Assist with preparing all aspects of the Company’s worldwide ASC 740 income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures including analysis and documentation of current and deferred tax assets and liabilities, valuation allowances, APB 23, tax reserves.
· Facilitate preparation of domestic federal, state and local and foreign income tax returns with external service providers
· Collaborate with other internal Finance departments during monthly/quarterly closes
· Improve and maintain audit-ready workpaper documentation
· Support transfer pricing implementation and documentation
· Work with foreign offices and advisers on local tax return preparation and audit support
· Perform tax research as necessary to complete assigned tasks/projects
· Assist in continuous identification and development of efficient tax compliance and tax provision processes, including automation, developing and implementing procedural changes and/or processes
· Play a key role engaging with cross functional and global groups within the company to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure that tax needs are identified, communicated and provided
· Be a strategic business partner by assisting with implementation of tax planning opportunities, quality improvements and risk minimization processes and driving process efficiencies
· Support global tax planning effort, and global transfer pricing policy maintenance as needed
· Support M&A projects including post-acquisition tax compliance and tax operation integration
· Support tax audit defense and notices as required
· Other ad hoc projects as assigned
· Minimum 5 years of broad-based corporate tax compliance and accounting experience; Big 4 experience preferred
· Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or a related field required; CPA is a plus
· Experience in both public accounting and industry is highly desirable
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively to effectively prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent organizational, research, analytical, and communication skills, both oral and written
· Detail-oriented and willing to roll up sleeves
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.