Chief Accounting Officer
Who You’ll Work For
At REEF, you’ll join a team of passionate and ambitious professionals working at the forefront of urban innovation. REEF is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block, with nearly 5,000 locations across North America. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that serves the needs of the on-demand economy. Each location leverages its proximity to where large concentrations of people live and work, offering a variety of services, including micro-fulfillment and distribution centers, mobility solutions, and buffer zones that reduce traffic and congestion.
What You’ll Do
The Chief Accounting Officer will be globally accountable for REEF’s financial reporting and related processing controls and compliance to include the controllership function, shared services, and tax. This includes oversight for an enterprise accounting team in multiple countries.
The Chief Accounting Officer will be an important member of the finance and administration leadership team, working closely with the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, FP&A, Treasury, Post-merger Integration/PMO, Procurement, and IT functions to deliver transparent, meaningful and timely reporting to internal and external stakeholders. The CAO will also work closely with REEF’s auditors and tax advisors.
The Chief Accounting Officer will have specific multi-country responsibility and experience with: GAAP and IFSR FS, Public reporting and SOX, Tax compliance, Shared Services, Debt compliance, M&A due diligence and accounting, Post-merger Integration, Building Effective teams, Financial system/ERP conversions, Board of Director and Audit Committee Presentations.
They will also have responsibility for:
• Ensuring financial statement integrity and driving operational excellence in closing and reporting processes to provide timely and accurate information to internal and external stakeholders
• Driving finance and accounting efficiencies though improving processes, organizational capabilities and internal controls
• Proactively working to identify, assess and manage financial risk
• Collaboratively partnering with the CFO and other members of senior management to proactively understand Company performance and potential transaction structuring
• Overseeing all accounting strategies and activities, including the implementation of new accounting standards
• Ensuring maintenance of appropriate internal controls (SOX) and application of appropriate accounting principles (GAAP and IFRS)
• Coordinating external audits and the proper filing of tax returns
• Ensuring legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
• Collaborating with senior finance team to develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the Organization’s operations and business plans
• Playing a significant role in pre-acquisition due diligence and accounting efforts, as well as post-acquisition planning and implementation integration, including those involving multinational businesses
• Participating in corporate policy development as a member of the finance senior management team
• Representing the Company to financial partners, including auditors, etc.
• Remaining up to date on best practices and applicable laws and regulations
• Reviewing workloads and analyze staffing requirements to ensure a talent plan is in place to attract and retain “A” players. Select, train, counsel and evaluate staff to ensure effective support
What We Want From You
• Sitting CAO of a diverse multinational enterprise
• CPA required, MBA will be an added advantage
• Big 4 experience, ideally in a managerial capacity
• A global, collaborative approach, comfortable working in a high growth, fast-paced environment
• Solutions-oriented with the ability to assess “top down and bottoms up” perspectives
• A self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• The ability to think “outside the box” and make clear and well-reasoned decisions
• Excellent maturity and judgment, and the ability to operate effectively in an entrepreneurial environment. Maintain composure under pressure and have the ability to balance competing priorities
• Exceptionally goal-oriented with the ability to design and instill sustainable controls and audit mechanisms to ensure the accuracy of the output of the Accounting team
• Highly analytical, able to rapidly and accurately distill complex information and communicate the information through a concise and readily understandable message
• Forward thinking, with excellent conceptual skills. Able to distill varying economic trends and information, see the big picture, and articulate a message for future direction
• Unquestionable ethics and integrity and commitment to excellence
• Executive presence with the ability to articulate a vision, establish a clear sense of direction and create accountability
• Team-oriented, collaborative style; able to work effectively with a variety of personality types, non-political, non-territorial
• Demonstrated humility, innate curiosity and openness to new ideas/approaches
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Thank you for joining the REEF Talent Network!