Head of Product Design
Location: New York, NY
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
As the Sr. Manager of Product Design, you will be responsible for leading and building the product design team at REEF. You’ll partner with leaders within the organization to articulate the product vision, lead and inspire designers to create simple and innovative solutions, and ultimately help to deliver a unified, beautiful, and functional product. You will report directly to the head of design at REEF (who manages our platform design and research teams as well).
Must Haves for the Role:
• Excellent design in both form and function – from the big picture to the tiniest details
• Be motivated and excited to solve challenging new design problems across various industries and products (real estate, parking, direct to consumer goods/food, logistics, micromobility)
• A strong mentor that can help cultivate talent and help our team grow
• Maintain a high bar of design quality and help apply those standards across all platforms
• Possess the ability to work collaboratively with a distributed team of designers with various skillsets.
• Feel most at home working directly with (and providing inspiration, guidance and feedback) to the rest of the UX/UI Design team, leading the effort to create high-performing, intuitive, user-centric and elegant digital experiences.
• Be able to effectively work with the product and engineering teams, communicate ideas, solve problems using design thinking, produce visually and functionally impressive UI, commit to deadlines and deliver business results.
• Have experience managing a team and be comfortable working in fast-paced environments.
• Have familiarity with project management software (specifically Jira and Aha!) and be able to help task-manage the team when needed.
What We Want from You:
• A strong background designing products across programs.
• A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work
• Strong communication skills
• An understanding of design principles, ADA, and human interface guidelines.
• The ability to maintain design consistency- working within brand guidelines, building component libraries, and creating design systems.
• A passion for carrying concepts from user story to hi-fidelity prototype that effectively communicate product ideas to stakeholders and can be handed off to development team.
• Ability think critically and creatively in solving for usability on new and existing products.
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.