Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
You'll act as a right-hand arm to our benefits director by orchestrating and executing day-to-day benefits processes, claims, and plans. You'll interface with REEF Technology employees across its enterprise to address, deduce, resolve, and communicate benefits challenges and inquiries. As a subject matter expert, you'll channel your attention to detail, sense of urgency, and knack for interpersonal communication to foster best-in-class benefits administration, for open enrollment and ongoing benefits cases. If you've mastered the art of benefits administration and thrive in fast-paced, ever-evolving environments, we've got a Sr. Benefits Specialist role just for you!
Foster Benefits Knowledge, Understanding, and Resolution
• Flex Canadian benefits knowledge to address complex benefits plan, enrollment, and policy inquiries and challenges, while partnering across various functions (i.e. HR, accounting, payroll) and maintaining confidentiality
• Monitor benefits shared mailbox and online benefits system to provide rapid counsel and advice to employees for a wide range of benefits issues within a shared service environment with multiple units and functional groups
• Drive decision making for the executive leadership team by partnering with benefits leaders to develop reports and audits, generate annual data, and execute annual valuation process
Mobilize Benefits Procedures & Regulations
• Leverage decision making and company governance guidelines to ascertain benefits eligibility, make plan adjustments and exceptions, and solve technical challenges
• Interpret benefits procedures and regulations to ascertain eligibility laws for various services, including retirement 401K, pension benefits, life insurance, and more
• Leverage financial acumen of benefits procedures to execute billing process for vendors and orchestrate claims funding and billing
Provide Best-in-Class Benefits Services
• Ensure cohesiveness, accuracy, and communication by partnering with the director of benefits to address issues; ensure underlying coding aligns with carrier coding
• Establish credibility while providing exceptional employee service, demonstrating strong interpersonal and written communication skills, and presenting benefits information
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.