Construction Development Project Manager
Location: Miami or Remote
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
The Construction Development Project Manager is accountable for each project delivering on time, on schedule and with company standard quality. This includes coordinating a cross-functional internal team, engaging third party consultants, and collaborating closely on a regular basis with the wider business to drive projects towards successful completion. The CDPM will handle external AORs and vendors, as well as landlord relationships. The CDPM may be required to travel only when necessary to maintain success across all of their projects. The ideal candidate will have design and construction project management experience, strong communication and organization skills, and an ability to distill an intricate situation down into a clear, measurable project delivery plan. They will also have a solid track record of effectively working across multiple functional groups and have experience at the various stages of building development. Their span must include but is not limited to: proforma assessments, deal diligence, design, construction and closeout. Lastly, they should demonstrate that they are self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision, a great teammate, and have a passion for design and construction. Capital improvement projects that are of large and medium cap will be serviced by project managers in addition to regional initiatives. Capital improvements of medium and small types will be services by project managers. The exact workload to be exclusively determined by the managing director of real estate expansion.
• Performance diligence of upcoming deals both new and in existing assets
• Ability to strategically provide thought leadership and service-level support to the business needs of a portfolio of projects
• First point of contact for end-to-end on all project matters
• Effectively manage budget compliance in coordination with finance team through change order negotiation
• Effectively maintain end-to-end project schedule working closely with both internal and external team members
• Deliver projects with company-standard quality guidelines across all project phases including design and day 1 opening
• Approval of project levels change orders in accordance with current policies
• Compliant opening handover of projects through operations approved protocols
• Timely and complete closeout of projects within company-standard guidelines inclusive of warranties and as built documentation
• Assess and implement projects in existing operating assets while effectively communicating with both building operations and launch teams.
• Manage monthly project level cash flow inclusive of timely TA billings
• Communicate timely project updates to internal launch and operations teams and/or interact directly where needed
• Effectively identify, raise and resolve project risks and issues using standard company processes and systems
• Proactively participate in the execution of company initiatives that support company transformation
• Implement standard operating procedures for project management across the Fulfillment organization
• Collaborate with launch, retail, real estate, building operations, Design and other internal functions that are required to maximize experience.
What We Want From You:
• Construction Development Project Managers should have 5+ years in construction/design industry with client level reporting
• Construction Development Project Managers to execute projects of high and medium size/complexity
• Proficient in maintaining project schedules for a wide-variety of design and construction projects including but not limited to: New TI project, Existing asset management and internal initiatives
• Organizational agility skills to successfully escalate and defuse project schedule, quality, budget or internal partner satisfaction risk
• Effective management of both internal and external resources to deliver projects
• Knowledge of all project phases pertaining to real estate development including: proforma assessments, deal diligence, design, construction and closeout.
• Understanding of architectural and/or interior design standards and drawings with ability to mark up documentation or communicate effectively with AOR’s
• Proficiency of industry standard project management software
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.