Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using ingestion technics and AWS technologies.
• In-depth technical knowledge and hands-on experience in the areas of Data Management, BI Architecture, Product Development, RDBMS and non-RDBMS platforms.
• Work with stakeholders including internal and external to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
What We Want From You:
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Hdfs, Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Kafka, Yarn, Zookeeper etc.
• Experience in Scala, Python, pySpark, Java, Rest API, Microservices etc.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with structure and unstructured datasets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a very fast dynamic environment.
• We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including redshift, Postgres and Cassandra.
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
• Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, ECS
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka, Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
• Familiar with data platform like Cloudera, Hortonworks
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
*Do not alter this section; only add additional perks under Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
*Note – the physical demands and work conditions should not be altered unless the role is a field position; field positions have a separate set of demands and work conditions that must be used*
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.