Data QA Engineer
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
• Responsible for testing that is well defined, planned, and executed.
• Ensure that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested, and that any potential issue is identified before go live.
• Create test plans that are aligned with the project parameters and goals.
• Develop and maintain test plans using approved software methodology guidance.
• Document test plan results and report testing activity status.
• Experience in end-to-end ETL / Data Lake testing for medium to large sized IT projects of varying complexity
• Responsible for creating & executing data driven test strategy and test cases for complex data transformation pipeline for Big Data received from heterogeneous sources
• Write complex SQL queries such as joins and aggregation to test data transformation logic
• Validation of data reaching to spark and hive from multiple source system by writing hive QL queries.
• Working collaboratively with team members to triage and prioritize defects
• Using Jira to log and update defects that are identified during testing
What We Want From You:
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Hdfs, Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Kafka, Yarn etc.
• Big Data Testing on Hadoop, Hive, etc., using HiveQL, Spark, MapReduce or other big data technologies for automated validation
• Implementing Test Automation Frameworks for back-end validation including RDBMS, file, Kafka sources and Big Data targets
• Working in an Agile environment on Jira, ALM, Confluence, etc.,
• Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, etc.,) using HiveQL, MapReduce / Spark-Python or other big data technologies on Linux
• Experience with SQL and Shell Scripting experience
• Familiar with data platform like Cloudera, Hortonworks
• Ability to react well to changes, work with multiple teams and multi-task on multiple products and projects
• Use of Libraries like Pandas, Boto3, Datetime, numpy etc.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, ECS, S3, Cloud Watch, SQS, SNS
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Nifi, oozie
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
*Do not alter this section; only add additional perks under Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
*Note – the physical demands and work conditions should not be altered unless the role is a field position; field positions have a separate set of demands and work conditions that must be used*
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.