REEF transforms urban spaces into community hubs that create jobs and bring new goods, services and experiences to the neighborhood. With an ecosystem of 5,000 locations and a team that’s over 18,000 strong, REEF is the largest operator of parking real estate and delivery restaurants in America, Canada and the UK with a growing presence across Europe. By connecting the world to your block, we’re making the place you live, the place you love to be.
The DevOPS Engineer’s role is to maintain the organization’s repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of a technical team. The DevOPS Engineer is also responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of applications and systems necessary for business operations. This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user group on issues related to the design, development, maintain and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
What you'll do
Strategy & Planning
• Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
• Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
• Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
• Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
• Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
• Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
• Design, develop, and install application enhancements and upgrades.
• Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
• Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations.
• Negotiate contracts with software and service providers.
• Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
• Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of business operations.
• Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
What we want from you
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Thank you for joining the REEF Talent Network!