Director of Category Management
Location: Miami, FL
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
Responsible for managing the Supply Chain contract process, vendor relationship, and category management functions for various food, beverage, packaging, and supply products; maintain continuous supply at the best possible price consistent with acceptable quality and food safety standards, quantity, and reliability of a source, including assuring the timeliness of delivery and accuracy of orders.
• Through the Category Management process, manage food, beverage, and supply categories to minimize company food cost and reduce potential risk to the organization's success. Strategically evaluate and manage the supplier selection process, including the issuance of requests for proposals and the proposals' resulting analyses. Effectively negotiates, approves, and qualifies vendors within limits of authority. Continually ensures that strategic supplier sourcing methods, inclusive of the identification, evaluation, and recommendation of global sources of supply, are developed and implemented to support effectively evolving business requirements.
• Manages all facets of the business relationship with the supplier community. Drives product innovation in working collaboratively with cross-functional departments to ensure successful execution of new products and brands, brand expansions, and promotions. Identifies new suppliers that support strategic innovation; manages existing suppliers to bring innovation to their products and processes through production efficiencies, value engineering, continuous improvement to systems and costs within their organizations; manages alternative product sources and ensures standards are met across suppliers. Develops supplier metrics that identify strengths and opportunities to improve performance; tracks vendor performance and identifies areas of improvement.
• Performs supply risk assessments of raw materials, production, suppliers, regulatory issues, economic and other issues to identify trends and opportunities; assesses data; creates strategic plans to improve cost and ensure supply
• Develops and provides ongoing forecasts and supply position recommendations regarding all assigned commodity categories. With minimum direction, recommends futures positions and hedging strategies, if applicable. With minimal supervision, identifies and implements rational forward positions that reduce cost or minimize future cost exposure, resulting in effective cost management.
• Oversees ingredient cost budget and forecast projections within assigned areas of responsibility.
• Supports Quality, Food Safety, and Brand Excellence in developing and testing new products and value-added products for all promotions and menu additions. Ensures new products and optimized products are successfully tested and implemented, as appropriate. Manages projects within all areas of the supply chain to achieve continual improvements in efficiency and elimination of non-value added costs. Works in coordination with cross-functional teams to address and resolve ongoing supply chain quality issues.
• Effectively manages cross-functional projects and relationships to ensure all appropriate projects have the necessary cross-functional representation, including field involvement. Communicates and involves appropriate company personnel to obtain proactive input, to ensure project parameters are effectively established. Provides timely and thorough updates to appropriate franchise and company personnel to ensure ongoing project alignment and that feedback is received and acted upon as appropriate.
• Performs other related duties, tasks, and responsibilities as required, assigned, and directed.
What We Want From You:
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.