Director of Corporate Reporting
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
The Director of Corporate Reporting will report to the Vice President of Corporate Reporting and will assist in the oversight, day-to-day management, and supervision of REEF’s corporate reporting team. This includes assisting in the oversight of the global close process, technical accounting, consolidations, and preparation of the company’s financial statements. This individual will work closely with external auditors and must have a strong understanding of GAAP and internal controls.
• Lead functions within the corporate reporting team to ensure financial statement integrity and drive operational excellence in closing the reporting process to provide timely and accurate information to internal and external stakeholders
• Drive finance and accounting efficiencies through improving processes, organizational capabilities and internal controls
• Proactively work to identify, assess and manage financial risk
• Assist in accounting strategies and activities, including the implementation of new accounting
• Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls (SOX) and application of appropriate accounting principles (GAAP and IFRS)
• Assist in coordinating with external auditors to ensure timely completion of annual audit
• Assist in legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
• Assist in efforts in business combination accounting, as well as post-acquisition planning and implementation integration, including those involving multinational businesses
• Ensure accounting policies are consistent between the multiple business units.
• Remain up to date on best practices and applicable laws and regulations
• Review workloads and analyze staffing requirements to ensure a talent plan is in place to attract and retain “A” players.
What We Want From You:
• A combined 7+ years of progressive experience in accounting (internal and/or external), finance and/or accounting roles including at least 3+ years in big 4 accounting firm
• Bachelor's and/or Master’s degrees in Accounting
• CPA required
• Start-up/high growth company experience a plus.
• Experience in a publicly traded company a plus
• Ability to move at pace and make quick decisions
• Proven audit department and project management skills.
• In-depth knowledge of the application of internal control concepts and accounting principles to business processes.
• Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP/SEC reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley technical literature (PCAOB, SEC Guidance, etc.), and corporate accounting
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships with functional, senior, and executive management.
• Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills, including ability to summarize complex issues succinctly for a wide range of constituents
• Critical thinking capacity, with the ability to think high-level yet execute at the detail level
Strong MS Office 365 skills, FCCS, and other financial systems knowledge preferred.
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.