Director of Financial Services
Location: Miami, FL
Who You’ll Work For
REEF transforms urban spaces into community hubs that create jobs and bring new goods, services and experiences to the neighborhood. With an ecosystem of 5,000 locations and a team that’s over 18,000 strong, REEF is the largest operator of parking real estate and delivery restaurants in North America. By connecting the world to your block, we’re making the place you live, the place you love to be.
What You’ll Do
The Director of Financial Systems person possess a balanced mix of functional and technical skills to lead the design of one or more applications or services within an organization. Their responsibility is to understand business constraints and concerns impacting the company, identify opportunities to improve or gain efficiencies by implementing software, and actively lead the technical vision to success. They may also be responsible for identifying future business needs and preemptively planning for system integrations or changes.
The person is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of financial software. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all financial modules are meeting organizational needs. In addition, the employee will ensure that consistent practices are used throughout the company to maintain the integrity of the system.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluate current technologies used within the enterprise system architecture and recommend solutions to improve or enhance procedures, processes and/or design
• Organize development effort and provide guidance throughout the system development life cycle
• Establish framework and lead the coordination of development teams to create and integrate software and hardware
• Understand technical aspects of each project to identify risks or issues, propose mitigation options, and provide guidance for system solutions
• Document requirements needed to institute updates, upgrades, or implementations, and work closely with project management teams to successfully monitor progress of initiatives
• Provide continuous maintenance of systems developed to ensure a secure and stable IT environment for software solutions to work properly
• Maintains account posting rules, custom validations, and other system logic
• Collaborates with IT and finance staff to meet business requirements
• Writes reports, including Hyperion, D365 reports
• Conducts data integrity reviews and other quality control tasks
• Fields, prioritizes, and completes end user requests; may be responsible for end user training.
• Tests and launches data integrations
• Investigates posting discrepancies and business process errors
• Maintains role assignment matrix for financial approvals
• Leads financial systems projects to successful completion in collaboration with IT Business Applications Team
• Other duties may be assigned and modified by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong accounting background
• Knowledge of reporting and analytics including journal entries, expense accounts, fixed asset accounting, bank reconciliations, and balance sheet/profit loss analysis and reporting
• Familiar with relational database concepts, object-oriented system structure, system logic and report writing
• Knowledge of process improvement
• Experience with feature enhancement planning and implementation
• Ability to complete data mining
• Familiar with object-oriented system structure, system logic, and report writing
• Provides training and professional training opportunities to team members/direct reports
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
• Bachelor's degree; experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis above the minimum experience required
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred
• Minimum three (8) years of related experience
• Participation in or leadership of system implementation or general ledger redesign preferred; Hyperion, D365 Financials experience preferred
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.