Director of U.S. Benefits
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
The Director of U.S. Benefits is responsible for overall design, implementation, communication, and administration of the Company’s U.S. benefits programs and ensures that benefit programs remain competitive and support the company’s strategic objectives and comply with all regulations.
• Develop tools and communication vehicles that increase employee engagement and understanding of benefit programs and the value they deliver
• Evaluate and benchmark our benefits programs based on industry trends and best practices to ensure competitiveness in market
• Provide thought leadership, expertise, and guidance in the development of benefits and wellness programs
• Ensure compliance with COBRA, ACA, ERISA, HIPAA and other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
• Lead and drive the execution of annual renewals and enrollment process
• Manage third party vendors to ensure compliant administration of benefits and responsive customer service for employees.
• Oversee the LOA administration process
• Manage 401(k) Committee to ensure the plan has proper fiduciary oversight
• Manage required government filings and coordination of annual audits with outside plan auditor.
What We Want From You:
• Thorough understanding of health and welfare regulations including COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, ADA and USERRA
• Experience in budget oversight and strong financial acumen
• Strong contract negotiation skills and ability to manage conversations with providers
• Excellent presentation, o Experience with a self-funded medical benefits platform and effective cost-management and planning strategies
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree
• 15+ years of progressive experience designing, implementing and managing the employee benefits function of an employer with over 5,000 employees
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.