Job Title: Head of Public Affairs - UK
Location: London, UK
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America, and expanding globally.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
The Head of Public Affairs for the UK will lead REEF’s public policy and government relations, local public relations, and civic partnership efforts across the country. The primary objective of the role is to work with local policymakers and regulators to establish an ideal regulatory environment for REEF. This person will work in a fast-moving cross-functional organization with key internal and external stakeholders.
Strong candidates will have extensive experience leading government relations and policy advocacy efforts for startups, innovative growth companies, advocacy groups, or city government.
• Work with policymakers and regulators to pass ordinances, variances and legislation to ensure REEF is well positioned to grow and thrive in the market.
• Deepen REEF’s brand and product awareness in markets through local earned media and partnerships.
• Establish REEF as an influential civic stakeholder and protect business interests through government and influencer relations.
• Lead government relations and policy strategy across the UK
• Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers, officials and partners in the region.
• Create launch playbooks for new markets
• Manage and deploy external consultants to drive key policy initiatives.
• Work with the Communications team to amplify corporate and consumer campaigns locally.
• Develop plans that identify key speaking engagement opportunities for executives in the region, and manage those events.
What We Want From You:
8-10 years of public affairs (Policy/GR/Communications) experience, preferably at high-growth companies, startups, campaigns, and local government.
Extensive relationships with key media, business, startup, and civic leaders across the UK.
• Experience managing lobbyists and consultants.
• Be a strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
• Experience working across various regions and/or territories
• Ability to develop strategic plans and advise senior leaders while also delivering at the tactical/operational level – this person should be able to conceptualize a strategy and directly implement.
• Excellent organization, communication, writing and presentation skills: experience managing teams and working collaboratively across multiple levels, functions and regions
What We’ll Provide
(Full-Time Employee Only)
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.