Endpoint Support Engineer
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
The Endpoint Support Engineer role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s end-user computing environment under Microsoft 365 services (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Intune, Azure AD) and JAMF. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all end-user devices and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by remote tools, by telephone, or via chat) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
Strategy & Planning
• Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future end-user device needs.
• Able to support a variety of devices at our primary office and [describe locations to provide an idea of travel required].
Acquisition & Deployment
• Conduct research on end-user devices in support of standardization and procurement efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
• Write technical specifications for purchase of end-user devices and related products.
• Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex computer problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
• Accurately document instances of equipment failure, repair installation and removal, as well as moves and changes.
• Record and manage equipment sent to repair depots for equipment under warranty or service contracts.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required deskside service levels.
• Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to end-user devices based on software technical specifications.
• Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s end-user computing environment.
• Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, service desk tickets, email, or chat regarding equipment incidents.
• Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by line managers.
• Ensure that physical deskside connections (RJ-45 Ethernet jacks, RJ-11 telephone modem jacks, connectors between PCs and servers, etc.) are in proper working order.
• Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, and then provide performance statistics and reports.
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring end-user device operations.
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, network cards, and other components and equipment as needed.
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
What We Want From You:
Formal Education & Certification
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or […] years equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years’ experience with System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) design/architecture and implementation experience is a must.
• Certifications in MCSA and MCSE certifications preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
• Knowledge of several of the following areas: System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) and Microsoft Intune
• Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, and mobility considerations.
• Experience with Intune (MDM / MAM-WE, etc.)
• Application Packaging and Windows Imaging
• Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability in setting up and handling SCCM and Intune environments.
• Good knowledge on Azure AD and its integration with Intune/ Endpoint manager, CMG (cloud management gateway), CMD cloud service and CMG connection point.
• Knowledge of Azure Resource Manager deployment
• Leadership/Management experience
• Excellent technical knowledge of hardware, including Desktops, Laptops and Tablets.
• Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components.
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Extensive equipment support experience with Intune and Azure.
• Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
• Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• On-call availability for 15 days per month.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
What We’ll Provide
(Full-Time Employee Only)
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.