Enforcement Officer (Patroller)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Location: Vancouver and surrounding area
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carefully check for parking permits/hang tags in vehicles. With LPR (license plate recognition) technology track vehicles for overstay of posted time limits.
• Patrol through parking lots and ticket unauthorized vehicles
• Write legitimate violation notices
• Ensure positive experiences with all partners and clients
• Legibly and accurately report any information pertaining to the issuing of violation notices or warnings
• Inspect the handheld ticket machine to ensure it is in proper working order, including sufficient supply of paper
• Record machine malfunctions and report to the supervisor
• Report any deficiencies on locations with respect to appearance, safety, equipment, and lighting
• Ability to deal with clients in a positive, polite, and professional manner
• Excellent communication skills; must be fluent in spoken and written English
• Must be punctual and self-disciplined
• Comfortable using technology (ex. license plate recognition system)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Google Drive an asset
• Flexible schedule
• Valid Class 5 Driver's License
• Clean driver’s abstract for the past five years
• Clear criminal record check
• Ability to work outdoors and in all weather, conditions are required for all locations.
Work is performed outdoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Ability to bend, crouch.
Ability to lift 50 lbs or more.
Ability to stand between 8-10 hours.