Enterprise Application Support Analyst
Location: Remote, USA
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
REEF transforms urban spaces into community hubs that create jobs and bring new goods, services and experiences to the neighborhood. With an ecosystem of 5,000 locations and a team that’s over 18,000 strong, REEF is the largest operator of parking real estate and delivery restaurants in North America. By connecting the world to your block, we’re making the place you live, the place you love to be.
What You’ll Do
The Application Support Analyst’s role is to deliver support to end users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, development, and other business units. The Application Support Analyst is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house software applications training programs and related courseware.
Strategy & Planning
• Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Conduct research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
• Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
• Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
• Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
• Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
• Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
• Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
• Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
• Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
• Post software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software, and so on.
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Formal Education & Certification
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 3+ years application support and/or development experience.
• 3+ years SQL Server experience with Microsoft CRM, T-SQL, SSRS and SSIS (ETL) on SQL Server 2005 and above.
• 3+ years supporting and understanding web applications, including IIS.
• 3+ years .Net framework (3.5,4, 4.5), focusing on supporting applications written in C#.
• 3+ years of technical & application support experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP
• Knowledge of ERP Software table structures
• Provide support to end users in GP modules.
• Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
• Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
• Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
• Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Very strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Occasional travel between training locations required.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
What We’ll Provide
(Full-Time Employee Only)
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.