Enterprise Application Support Associate
The Application Support Associate’s role is to deliver support to end users in the organisation about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, development, and other business units. The Application Support Associate also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house software applications training programs and related courseware.
Strategy & Planning
• Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyse results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Conduct research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
• Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
• Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
• Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
• Prioritise, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
• Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organisation.
• Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organisation.
• Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
Formal Education & Certification
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 3 to 5+ years application support and/or development experience.
• 3 to 5+ years SQL Server experience with Microsoft CRM, T-SQL, SSRS and SSIS (ETL) on SQL Server 2005 and above.
• 3 to 5+ years supporting and understanding web applications, including IIS, D365 BC, Navision 2018 and various integration modules.
• 3 to 5+ years .Net framework (3.5,4, 4.5), focusing on supporting applications written in C#.
• 3 to 5+ years years of technical & application support experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
• Knowledge of ERP Software table structures and cobalt stack experience.
• Provide support to end users in GP modules.
• Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
• Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
• Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
• Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking.
• Good understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Very strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Thank you for joining the REEF Talent Network!