Who You’ll Work For
REEF transforms urban spaces into community hubs that create jobs and bring new goods, services and experiences to the neighborhood. With an ecosystem of 5,000 locations and a team that’s over 18,000 strong, REEF is the largest operator of parking real estate and delivery restaurants in North America. By connecting the world to your block, we’re making the place you live, the place you love to be.
What the Specialist will do:
· The role of the Food Safety Specialist will be split between providing food safety training and assessments onsite in REEF kitchens and supporting the food safety team to maintain their critical programs
· Travel to kitchens sites nationwide and deliver food safety training
· Conduct onsite food safety assessments and work with site teams to improve food safety outcomes
· Work with the training team to create new food safety training and allocate this to the appropriate employees
· Manage our food safety record keeping software.
· Regularly obtain updated location lists and distribution hierarchy and communicate to our partner
· Create new forms, audits, and alerts as new sites are launched and operations are updated.
· Liaise with the Training and Operations teams to maximize the effectiveness and alignment of the program
· Oversee temperature monitoring program
· Maintain health department inspection data to ensure compliance with company standards and regulatory requirements. Escalate critical findings to the food safety team for immediate action
· Will have ownership of the Manager and Food Handler certification process
· Supports the Food Safety Team with internal projects
· Promote and drive a culture of continuous improvement for all food safety related activities and programs
· Complete other duties as assigned
With whom will the Specialist will work:
· Food Safety Team
· REEF Kitchens Operations Team
· Culinary Team
· Other departments or vendors as needed
What REEF expects from the Specialist:
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in a food safety role
· Exposure to third-party food safety audits. The applicant should understand food safety audit principles
· Experience with regulatory inspections.
· Overnight travel up to 60%.
· Knows the FDA Food Code, retail food regulations.
· Ability to quickly grasp new software platforms
· Technical acuity including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
· Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to document processes and write policies and procedures.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing, corporate environment, with urgency.
· Form relationships based on trust, honesty, and a genuine desire to be a strong partner.
· BS degree, preferably in Biology, Food Science, Public/Environmental Health, or Restaurant/Hospitality or a combination of education and experience
· Food Protection Manager Certification (ANSI accredited) preferred, otherwise will be required within 15 days of starting in the role
· Can quickly learn state and /local public health programs.
· Adept in conducting technical research with intellectual curiosity.
· Ability to work independently or with some support in planning and implementing multiple projects and assignments
What We will Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.