IT Field Services Specialist
IT Field Services Specialist
REEF Technology is looking for an IT Field Specialist to be part of the team responsible for second and third level support of various network environments and their connected field technologies. These technologies are deployed throughout REEF’s many complex parking environments spanning across North America & Europe. This role includes assisting in developing enterprise solutions as well as supporting, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing of all patrol, pay stations and PARCS equipment & software. The candidate will possess in depth knowledge of server & networking technologies (with certifications) and have both customer service & project delivery focus. As a member of the IT Field Services team, the Specialist will also be expected to gain SME knowledge as it pertains to these complex parking environments. To succeed in this, the candidate must also have extensive experience with, IT Operational support (Workstations, Servers, Network), cloud based management tools, in-depth knowledge of remote access tools and a knowledge of ITSM tools.
The candidate must be highly organized and have excellent time management skills, this includes an ability to clearly plan, prioritize & execute within an agreed upon timeframe. They must also be a problem solver with good communication skills. The candidate will have a results-oriented focus and will be accountable for delivering. They will meet regularly with management. This position reports to the Manager, IT Field Services
The expected tasks of are:
• To support all field based network technologies and environments. This includes routers, switches, wireless backup, pay stations, point of sale terminals, mLPR, cameras and other parking facility equipment.
• To support all branch offices in the processes surrounding the operation and support of revenue control and enforcement equipment. This includes patrol handhelds, pay stations, point of sale terminals and other parking facility equipment.
• Working with Deployment, Systems Administrators and SMEs to develop enterprise solutions for managing a disparate collection of remote and third-party owned environments.
• Working with Systems Administrators and SMEs to develop enterprise solutions for managing a disparate collection of remote and third-party owned environments.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of technology in the areas of systems software, hardware and communications by documenting procedures and updating the knowledge base.
• Installing, configuring and maintaining of in scope systems.
• Monitoring and reporting on system connectivity and processing to ensure adequate equipment performance and to remove deficiencies.
• Monthly inventory reconciliation.
• Work with other support teams and internal stakeholders to satisfy all customer requirements.
• Understand the life cycle of a credit card transaction within REEF’s systems, diagnosing and providing solutions to issues.
• Identify chronic problems and suggest action plan to resolve (e.g., user training, FAQ’s, hardware fixes, software upgrades, etc).
• Responsible to document and present information consisting of requirements, business process, reports, user manuals, reference manuals, and user based scenarios related to technology systems and business applications.
• Adhere to internal IT process standards including Incident and Change Management as well as following REEF’s process, procedure standards and methodologies.
• Regular written and verbal communications to operational staff with updates and notifications.