IT Mobile/Telecom Asset Administrator
The role of the IT Mobile Asset Administrator is to actively manage hardware and software mobile assets within the organization. This includes planning, monitoring, and recording software licenses and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts. The individual will assist in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization. The IT Mobile Asset Administrator will also develop and make recommendations to improve procedures for tracking company assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles. The IT Asset Administrator will report directly to the Asset Manager.
Strategy and Planning
• Establish (or refresh) policies and procedures for tracking the sign-in and sign-out of mobile assets, such as laptops, PDAs, and other devices.
• Explore opportunities for maximising or exploiting unused or partially used IT assets to achieve full efficiency and ROI from company resources.
• Develop strategies and external relationships to implement plans for auctioning, recycling, or otherwise selling obsolete assets.
• Participate in evaluation of the asset management process.
Acquisition and Deployment
• Conduct and report software asset reconciliation and audit activities on a timely basis, including financial, licensing, warranty, and maintenance/support contract information.
• Compare warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts to assist with asset upkeep, upgrades, repair, and replacement.
• Identify opportunities for volume purchasing to obtain price breaks.
• Investigate equipment or software under consideration to determine ROI and total cost of ownership throughout product lifecycle.
• Define purchasing recommendations that support business goals, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Monitor and analyse trends in company spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings and/or asset optimization.
• Provide appropriate data to purchasing and COI for contract negotiations.
• Track and maintain copies of software licenses, warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts, according to processes and procedures currently in place.
• Recommend process improvements where appropriate.
• Enter all software and hardware serial numbers or identification tags into configuration management system (CMS) and ensure information is up to date, accurate, and auditable.
• Perform inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and record all findings, changes, physical location, and incidences of support.
• Research industry best practices and compare against the organisation’s practices in order to establish benchmarks for managing IT assets.
• Effectively communicate asset management strategies to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• If possible, standardise equipment to lower total costs.
• Generate, distribute, and review relevant management reports.
• Investigate and resolve exceptions and accuracy issues of the CMS repository.
Formal Education and Certification
• University degree or college diploma in the field of Computer Science.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5 years direct work experience in a contract management or purchasing and procurement capacity, including all aspects of strategy development and execution.
• Solid working knowledge of software licensing agreements for the following vendors: Microsoft, Maas360, Airwatch, Intune, Apple Business Manager and KNOX.
• Strong familiarity and technical competence with asset management software and/or inventory-tracking systems, such as Jira Service Management.
• Solid working knowledge of current IT technologies, including Telecom Expense Manager.
• General knowledge of contract regulations and laws.
• General knowledge of accounting, finance, marketing, and logistics.
• Excellent contract management skills are essential.
• Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of products and services.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Can conform to shifting priorities in company requirements, product demands, and purchasing timelines through analytical capabilities.
• Persuasive, encouraging, and diplomatic.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Adept at conducting research into product- and service-related issues.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Customer service skills are critical.
• Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and comply with company policies and procedures.
• Overtime may be required.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Physically able to participate in sessions, presentations, and meetings.
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with vendors, suppliers, service providers, or offsite contractors.
Thank you for joining the REEF Talent Network!