Jr. Staff Accountant
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
Financial Reporting & Review:
- Participate in P&L process for assigned locations to ensure timely completion as per monthly deadlines.
- Maintain recurring entries for assigned locations, as well as any required month end close entries.
- Interact with location managers and senior management as necessary to ensure accurate and timely completion of P&Ls.
- Understand budgets and the importing of P&L budgets for current and new locations.
- Reconcile bank statements to General Ledger
- Perform monthly Balance sheet reconciliations
- Verification and reporting of daily revenues
- Cross-train on Accounts Receivable duties
- Research credit card issues
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time - sometimes on short notice - by the Controller, Asst. Controller or Sr. Accounting Manager
- Other duties as assigned
What We Want From You:
- Four-year accounting degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum two years total accounting experience
- Experience with multi-location, multi-entity, and/or multi-state operation
- Must be skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Computer skills: MS office – advanced Excel skills required
- Navision experience preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Organized & detail oriented; able to keep sight of multiple deadlines & responsibilities
- Must have very good verbal skills
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when meeting important deadlines periods each close period
- Able to sit for long periods of time at a desk and computer while working with a keyboard
What We’ll Provide
(Full-Time Employee Only)
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.