Location: London, UK
Who You’ll Work For:
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in the US, Canada and a growing presence in Europe.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do:
REEF Neighborhood Managers (NM) will manage REEF’s business in their respective geography. The NM will own their P&L, manage a team of operators across a variety of Applications, and partner with support teams and REEF Application leaders in their geography to ensure the business succeeds.
• Build and manage a diverse team of Application leaders and operators.
• Create a work environment that makes REEF a great place to belong.
• Managing operations to achieve KPIs.
• Assist GM in driving strategic growth for the market by collaborating with launch teams and other application disciplines to ensure growth goals are achieved and are operational within aggressive and fluctuating timelines
• Optimize the neighborhood-level P&L working in close partnership with business vertical leaders from both sales and cost perspectives
• Proactively identify new market relationships and partners; execute REEF’s strategy and business in the market in partnership with Application leaders (e.g. Kitchens, Grocery, Retail, Healthcare) and horizontal/functional leaders (e.g. Marketing, Sales, Finance).
• Accountable for the oversight and execution of the day to day field teams to meet revenue and expense targets across all Application verticals
• Responsible for the end to end employee life cycle of team members in our vessels. This includes hiring, development, scheduling, performance management and engagement of our team members.
• Ensure the operational safety of all field operations, particularly food safety, to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and guidelines.
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet deliverables on time and on schedule.
• Provides guidance to the team within the latitude of established company policies.
• Recommends changes to policies and establishes local procedures that positively affect field operations.
• Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge or organizational objectives.
• Works with the city General Manager to evolve strategic policies when deciding methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for achieving results.
• Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
• Frequently interacts with key external stakeholders, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
• Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
• The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership, strong communication and analytical skills, superior influencing capability, and the ability to establish credibility throughout REEF and with key local stakeholders.
• Strong candidates will have experience building and scaling hospitality, restaurant, mobility, logistics or innovative growth businesses, and will have demonstrable experience building, managing and leading diverse and cross-functional teams.
• They will have a strong local network of influencers in the economic development, mobility, logistics, hospitality and/or restaurant industries.
What we want from you:
• Notable GM experience, either by time in role or scope of role, that addresses, operational and leadership experience, preferably at hyper-growth real estate, hospitality, food and beverage, or mobility companies.
• Exposure to or management of food and beverage operations is strongly preferred.
• Experience in and extensive knowledge of the market in which they’re applying, as well as relationships with business owners, civic leaders, and other local stakeholders.
• Experience managing and leading large, diverse, distributed operational teams, many in hourly roles.
• Excellent organization, communication, writing and presentation skills; experience managing teams and working collaboratively across multiple levels, and functions.
• Experience developing and executing strategic plans and building for scale.
• A team player with high EQ and collaborative approach to leadership.
• Tolerance for uncertainty and a rapidly changing environment.
• High intensity execution mindset, able to operate at pace.
• Gravitas and presence, capable of leading a diverse team.
• Need to be a believer, devoted to the mission and excited about the company’s potential
What We’ll Provide
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.