Location: Syracuse, NY
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
The Bookkeeper works with the Assistant Manager or Operations Manager to ensure accurate billing and accounts receivable. The Bookkeeper is responsible for maintaining accounts, inspection and auditing cashiers and preparing information to be presented to corporate accounting or auditors. The Bookkeeper works closely with fellow team members and Operations Manager to ensure that accounts are accurate and quality standards are achieved.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits daily.
- Conduct periodic reconciliation of accounts to ensure accuracy; request balance adjustments and credit refunds as needed.
- Complete daily reports on parking tickets; organize and store parking tickets and reports.
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash fund.
- Prepare information for corporate accounting and auditors, when necessary.
- Maintain accounting filing system.
- Calculate budget variances and report significant issues to management; prepare and issue financial statements.
- Provide general office support including; filing and supply management.
- Use respectful communication to assist guests with their questions, problems, and concerns; relay information to shift or Operations Manager as necessary.
- Communicate professionally at all times with guests, client, and teammates.
What we want from you:
- At least 18 years of age
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized and detailed orientated; able to keep sight of multiple deadlines and responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Problem Solving skills
- Previous experience in accounts reconciliation/accounts receivable /retail management/cashier management preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as cash register, calculator, and copier/printer
- Will remain in seated position for extended periods of time
Work is performed indoors and outdoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift. The weather conditions could be very challenging as times outdoors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain an all-inclusive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reef Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.