Halifax, Nova Scotia
Who You’ll Work For:
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do – Role Summary
The position of Operations Manager reports to the Director of Account Management. This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of locations to ensure the location results are aligned with Annual Operating Plan, manage supervisory staff to ensure adherence to Operations Policies and Procedure, and to achieve customer and client satisfaction and retention.
• Respond and handle client requests and/or issues in a timely fashion to ensure client satisfaction.
• Responsible for ensuring that landlord reports are accurate
• Responsible for retaining our existing customers and/or clients.
• Review of lot locations performance based on Revenue Analysis, and Profit & Lost Reports. Ensure the financial performance of each lot location reflects company goals and objectives.
• Responsible for ensuring staff are following correct policy and procedures.
• Responsible for following up on unreturned access cards, and decals not on file.
• Responsible for eliminating the factors causing deficiencies
• Responsible for the recruitment and selection process for front-line staff including job posting advertisements and adhering to the collective agreement.
• Responsible for the recruitment and selection process for management staff including liaising with the Human Resource Department.
• Responsible for staff disciplinary action, including issuing of written warnings.
• Responsible for performing personnel reviews and appraisals as required.
• Responsible for monitoring and follow up action on staff discipline and participating in dismissal proceedings.
• Responsible for new hire orientation training, completion of new hire paperwork, and issuing of uniforms.
• Responsible for scheduling of front-line staff including producing and maintaining and updated monthly schedule.
• Responsible for liaising with contractors, maintenance department, equipment suppliers and Landlord/Property Manager during site set-up or site closing.
• Responsible for handling renegotiations of existing contracts.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining contract records within the Contract Management System.
• Responsible for overseeing the merchant validation program and ensure adherence to the Validation Revenue Policy and Procedure
• Responsible for regular reviews of lots of physical condition including landscaping, signage, surface and lighting etc.
• Responsible for day-to-day administrative duties including emails, faxes and internal correspondence.
• Responsible for the processing of daily revenue of attended or unattended facilities in accordance with the Daily Revenue Policy and Procedure.
• Responsible for inspecting lots on a regular basis to ensure they are safe and operating at company’s standards.
• Responsible for monitoring lot volume trends, customer mix, and overall activity through analysis of space surveys and regular site visits.
• Responsible for providing to staff members all equipment and tools necessary to be able to perform their duties in the safest manner.
• Responsible for tracking and managing of damage claims.
What We Want from You:
• Two-year degree in college or etc., In Business Administration.
• Experience managing and training other employees with front-line supervisory responsibilities.
• Parking management experience.
• Client relationship management experience.
SKILLS/Additional skill or attribute:
• Ability to successfully manage and train other employees.
• Strong computer skills required, including MS Word and Excel.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work independently, in a team, and meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Valid driver’s license, access to own vehicle, and clean driving record.
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external parties.
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
• Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed in a combination of indoor and outdoor for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.