Lot and Garage Attendant/ Enforcement
Under general supervision, enforces University parking rules and regulations; interacts with the public in
regard to enforcement issues and general information matters.
Coverage Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with highest concentration of enforcement Monday
· Graduation from an accredited high school/GED program
· Six months parking enforcement or related experience required
· New Jersey driver's license is required
Example of Duties (Non-Exhaustive):
· Touring the parking facilities for the purpose of inspecting and noting unusual conditions
· Checking facility elevators for proper functioning
· Providing relief for fellow facility attendants and enforcers
· Assisting patrons getting in and out of facilities during peak traffic periods on campus.
· Providing written reports of facility conditions, parking census and other activities the university
· Enter and retrieve information pertaining to vehicle registration, identification, and status, using
· Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with clerical staff when necessary to
confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be booted or towed.
· Locate lost, stolen, and counterfeit parking permits, and take necessary enforcement action.
· Notify supervisor of handheld issues or concerns