Job Title: Procurement Director
Location: London, UK
Who You’ll Work For:
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll lead a team environment as a key resource for the business, while governing a team focused on managing current and develop new supply sources for certain categories to improve cost competitiveness, increase availability based on business needs, and ensure safe and sustainable supply. If you’ve got sound leadership abilities and have what it takes to be the conduit between REEF’s Mobile Assets team and our GPO, distribution, and supplier partners, we’ve got a Director, Procurement role just for you!
• Leads team of procurement & category management professionals to translate category management principles into action through strong data analytics and industry business & category insights, while holding them accountable to align and leverage key programs and product requirements across categories of responsibility
• Develop, evaluate, and prioritize ideas on new ways to grow the business through partnerships and cooperative deals that drive sustainable profit & revenue growth.
• Work with REEF’s business units to understand mobile assets demands, needs for new vendors, ETC.
• Negotiate commercial terms with suppliers
• Establish and enforce processes and standards; ensures negotiated terms and conditions being consistent with company’s vision, values and immediate needs; including goals, standards and ethics, while delivering best overall value to the company and operating locations.
• Deliver on procurement team’s formal financial commitments, thus realizing cost savings and profit & loss impact.
• Interfaces with business teams to prioritize distribution and supplier development needs to improve availability and cost competitiveness while eliminating supply constraints.
• Drive distribution, and supplier selection through robust RFP and qualification processes, as well as following company’s diversity supplier policy guidelines.
• Assesses new and existing distributor and supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfillment ensuring distributors and suppliers can meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery.
• Based on screening, prioritize preferred distributors and suppliers.
• Ensures assigned category strategies are based on market knowledge and research.
• Ensures operating locations minimize overall costs by maximizing supplier program incentives and resources, including distributor efficiency measures.
• Drives improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, distributor/supplier scorecards and own distributor/supplier audit, ensuring distributor/supplier compliance, whilst driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver value.
What we Want from you:
• Previous experience and familiarly with specialized supply chain processes for mobile assets, assembly, and kitchens equipment – preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration/Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
• At least 10 years of procurement experience with extensive contract and category management experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Expertise in running sourcing initiatives such as RFx and vendor selection processes, as well as supplier quality and performance accountability scorecards.
• Strong financial acumen with consultative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong negotiation skills with experience negotiating commercial terms and service level agreements. The ability to interact with executives and stakeholders at all levels of organization and deliver effective presentations.
• Proven ability to succeed in highly entrepreneurial and ambiguous scenarios; as well as manage competing agendas and priorities while translating complex information across internal and external stakeholders.
• Skilled at hiring, onboarding, coaching, mentoring, and developing high-performing and highly engaged procurement/category management associates.
What We’ll Provide
Gym membership allowance
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.