Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Employee Relations Director provides guidance to leadership and employees on company policy, practices, state/federal employment laws, conducts internal workplace investigations and advises on employee relations issues. The Senior Employee Relations Director is responsible for leading and managing a range of activities related to employee relations across the country. Duties will include keeping up to date on HR changes related to Employee Relations, taking the lead on various ER cases, and partnering with the field HRBP’s as well as Field HR Associates to serve as a point of contact for escalations and solving problems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and manage the Employee Relations process as well as provide support to the Field HRBP and HR Associate team in the area of labor and employee relations as well as provide guidance, assistance, and recommendations
• Lead employee relations issues including meeting with Managers, Senior Managers, and Directors to gather information, conduct investigations, review and analyze data, recommend appropriate action and, if necessary, draft disciplinary actions
• Act as a liaison between managers and employees regarding performance issues
• Conduct investigations and advise on employee complaints and grievances (e.g., discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, retaliation)
• Draft clear and meaningful reports at the conclusion of investigations
• Promote knowledge, understanding, and compliance with regard to Company policy and relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and trainings
• Act as a resource, mentor, and serve as a point of contact and escalation to Employee Relations concerns
• Serve as a point of contact and escalation to investigate highly sensitive employee relations issues
• Train and coach new Field HR Associate team members of Company’s and HR’s policy and processes
• Interact and work with team members outside of the Employee Relations team, such as Payroll, Benefits, Recruiting groups
• Assist with other various HR events and projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Conflict resolution abilities
• Ability to conduct investigations
• Demonstrates good judgement and decision making
• Takes initiative
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated strong written/verbal communication
• Ability to be trustworthy and hold confidential information
• Ability to foster relationships with management and employees
• Ability to train, mentor, and set an example for fellow team members
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Exhibit maturity and professionalism
• Ability to work independently with limited guidance from Management
• Ability to collaborate with all levels of management and employees across the organization
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook.
What We Want From You
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, or related field
• (PHR) or SHRM-SCP (SPRH) or CHRP (Canada) preferred
• 5+ years HR generalist experience, multi-state/province and or union experience preferred
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.