Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
[This section should not be tweaked, changed, or altered as it is based on executive direction from our Chief Marketing Officer and General Counsel]
What You’ll Do
The Service Desk Team Lead’s role is to oversee all Service Desk staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions. The Service Desk Team Lead is also responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing the organization’s service desk according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions. The Service Desk Team Lead is also responsible for staffing capacity planning, service process design, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans. The Service Desk Team Lead will also contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
Strategy & Planning
• Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
• Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected.
• Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
• Plan and conduct performance appraisals of Service Desk staff, administer disciplinary action, raises, bonuses and promotions when necessary.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Prepare budget proposals and operational expenditure statements.
• Collaborate with other departments to identify and/or procure Service Desk software for internal staff and external clients.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of service desk technology procurement and development efforts.
• Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies; oversee installation and resolve adaptation issues.
• Ensure appropriate training initiatives for new and existing staff.
• Purchasing and deployment tasks.
• Key words for IT leader roles: authorize, purchase, oversee.
• Key words for hands-on roles: install, deploy, configure.
• Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
• Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
• Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
• Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
• Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
• Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
• Attend training seminars, conferences and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future Service Desk issues and technologies.
• Oversee the development, implementation and administration of service desk staff training procedures and policies.
• Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Technicians and other junior staff.
• Manage the overall desk activities and staff.
• Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
• Attend Change Advisor Board (CAB) meetings.
• Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution.
What We Want From You:
Formal Education & Certification
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or […] years equivalent work experience.
• Certification in ITIL
Knowledge & Experience
• Extensive application support experience with Windows 10
• Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including Desktop, Laptops and Tablets
• Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including LogMeIn, TeamViewer
• Familiarity with the advanced principles of ITIL and ServiceNow.
• Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and Service Desk deliverables.
• Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
• Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
• Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
What We’ll Provide
(Full-Time Employee Only)
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: [Required for all job postings]
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.