Who You’ll Work For
REEF transforms urban spaces into community hubs that create jobs and bring new goods, services and experiences to the neighborhood. With an ecosystem of 5,000 locations and a team that’s over 18,000 strong, REEF is the largest operator of parking real estate and delivery restaurants in North America. By connecting the world to your block, we’re making the place you live, the place you love to be.
What You’ll Do
What will this person's role and responsibilities be?
The Level I Service Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as requiring that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Strategy & Planning
• Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Deploy pre-packaged software using distribution tools and processes as requested by end users.
• Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email, and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
• Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
• Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
• Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician, when required.
• Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
• Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
• Test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved.
• Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
• Contribute to technician knowledgebase as needed
• Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
• Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
What We Want From You:
Formal Education & Certification
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
• Certifications in ITIL
Knowledge & Experience
• Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including Laptops, Desktops and tablets.
• Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10 and OSX.
• Extensive application support experience with Windows 10
• Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including Windows 10, OSX and iOS.
• Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL and ServiceNow
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Fluent English and Spanish language skills.
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• 40-hour onsite work week.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
What We’ll Provide
(Full-Time Employee Only)
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.