SOC Analyst - Tier 3
Location: Miami (REMOTE)
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
REEF is looking for a SOC analyst (Tier 3) to join the security operations team, to protect, detect, and respond across the REEF enterprise.
What is expected of the role:
• Updates Playbooks as appropriate
• Systematically and methodically review logs and alerts for indications of compromise or concern
• Identify areas for automation and improvement in cyber alert and incident management space
• To be the final line of defense
• To communicate any incidents with key stakeholders as appropriate
• To document incidents and investigations
• To contain intellectual property or identity theft
• To preserve Reef value through proactive defense
• To actively support and be involved in a 24x7 security operations team. Some on call work will be required.
• To continually monitor for IOC’s
• To work with state-of-the-art EDR, SIEM and SOAR tooling
• Documents work as needed on procedures, incidents, findings, and resolutions
• Makes recommendations or assists in the developments or improvements to security controls
• Able to identify cyber risks and communicate this with peers, stakeholders, and report to management
• Performs security monitoring and reporting, analyzes security alerts and escalates security alerts to local support teams.
• Acts on and hands over defined controls, config and vulnerability results to relevant platform owners for resolution.
• Able to use complex cyber security technologies to achieve cyber outcomes
• Maintains an up-to-date understanding of industry best practices
• Supports service-level agreements (SLAs) to ensure that security controls are managed and maintained.
• Analyzes client processes and requirements to determine conformance to security policies and procedures.
• Provides security-related guidance on business processes
• Able to investigate to complex security issues, incidents or alerts
• Designs and maintains business processes relevant to control domain of focus
• Generates detailed summary reports on escalated incidents
• Able to code or script in 2 or more languages
• Acts as the escalation point for defined controls, config and vulnerability results.
• Identifies and resolves root causes of security-related problems.
• Leverages frameworks to improve tactical functions within control domain
• Develops tactical metrics to measure functions within control domain and KPI's to continuously improve those
• Investigates highly complex cyber-attacks and creates reports on TTP's
• Creates Forensic data collection and works with relevant legal authorities
• Validates and endorses external intelligence feeds for external consumption
• Creates intel reports for internal and external consumption
• Creates intel feeds for external consumption
• Responds to security incidents, conducts forensic investigations and targets reviews of suspect areas.
• Works with teams to resolve issues that are uncovered by various internal and third-party monitoring tools.
What We Want from You:
• Demonstrated organizational, written, and oral communication skillset
• A desire to lead and take the initiative
• Able to communicate security concepts to a Management Level
• Develops relationships with managers in the organization
• An enjoyment from learning and using new security tools
• Can write complex regex queries as needed
• 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience
• A passion for cyber security, continually researching and keeping up to date with tools, techniques and ways in which hackers compromise or attack organizations
• Able to work EST time
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.