Software Engineer (Back End)
Who You’ll Work For
REEF transforms urban spaces into community hubs that create jobs and bring new goods, services and experiences to the neighborhood. With an ecosystem of 5,000 locations and a team that’s over 18,000 strong, REEF is the largest operator of parking real estate and delivery restaurants in North America. By connecting the world to your block, we’re making the place you live, the place you love to be.
What You’ll Do
• Design, develop, code, implement, maintain, and support business applications utilizing available development tools.
• Development of new products, product enhancements, and maintenance of existing systems.
• Responsible for integration of beneficial new technologies and research of emerging technologies in order to provide integration options.
• Ability to work independently, and provide support to the team.
• Monitor and resolve opened bug tickets in a timely fashion, meeting or exceeding defined service levels while providing quality solutions.
• Work closely with the Product Team to satisfy all customer requirements.
• Use of Agile Software Development system to track request from the product manager.
• Able to respond effectively and efficiently when an incident occurs.
What We Want From You:
• 4+ years experience developing large scale web applications using Java
• Experience with modern libraries and tooling. Experience with React.
• Significant Java programming skills, data structures and microservices architecture and development
• Significant experience with the Spring Framework (Persistence, REST, Messaging, Integrations) such as Spring Boot or Spring Cloud.
• Significant experience on core features of Spring such as Dependency Injection and Aspect-Oriented Programming, Spring Security etc.
• Significant experience in building RESTful APIs and a deep understanding of REST
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
*Do not alter this section; only add additional perks under Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
*Note – the physical demands and work conditions should not be altered unless the role is a field position; field positions have a separate set of demands and work conditions that must be used*
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.