REEF transforms urban spaces into community hubs that create jobs and bring new goods, services and experiences to the neighborhood. With an ecosystem of 5,000 locations and a team that’s over 18,000 strong, REEF is the largest operator of parking real estate and delivery restaurants in America, Canada and the UK with a growing presence across Europe. By connecting the world to your block, we’re making the place you live, the place you love to be.
As a Tax Manager you’ll play a key role in optimizing our worldwide tax position while having the opportunity to get exposure to all areas of corporate and indirect taxation. We are looking for a self-directed professional willing to dig in to resolve issues and answer questions.
· Assist with preparing tax provisions under ASC 740 for Canada and other non-US tax jurisdictions
· Facilitate preparation of Canadian and non-US corporate tax returns and compliance with external service providers
· Prepare working papers for transfer pricing implementation and documentation
· Provide support to internal Finance departments during month/quarterly closes relating to taxes payable analyses and reconciliations
· Support addressing tax audits and notices from CRA/provincial tax authorities and other non-US tax jurisdictions
· Assist on Canadian transactions support, reorganizations and structuring
· Support and review of indirect tax filings and working papers for Canada
· Understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure that tax needs are identified, communicated, and provided
· Assist in continuous identification and development of efficient tax compliance and tax provision processes, including automation, developing and implementing procedural changes and/or processes
· Perform tax research as necessary to complete assigned tasks/projects
· Other ad hoc projects as assigned
· Minimum 5 years of broad-based corporate tax compliance and accounting experience; Big 4 experience preferred
· Some indirect tax experience is preferred
· CPA accounting designation and completion of the CPA In-depth Tax Course
· Experience in both public accounting and industry is highly desirable
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively to effectively prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent organizational, research, analytical, and communication skills, both oral and written
· Detail-oriented and willing to roll up sleeves
· Ability to work effectively from home while playing a key role engaging with cross functional and global groups within the company
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.