Van Delivery Driver - Riverhead/Hamptons
North Fork, Riverhead, New York, United States, 11901
$18.50/hr +Tips! Earning potential up to $22.00 - $25.00/hr
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 5,000 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in United States, Canada, and has a growing presence in Europe.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
The Van Delivery Driver will arrive to a fast paced and high energy location. The Van Delivery Driver needs to be ready to use a company issued phone or other electronic devices to perform safety checklists, enter time, and perform work tasks. The Driver needs to keep safety in mind always and promptly report any concerns. While being a part of a team you will be asked to drive a delivery van. While maintaining professionalism and customer courtesy, you’ll follow delivery instructions while interfacing with customers via online channels to communicate order arrivals, details, and delivery challenges.
Receive, Sort & Deliver Orders
- Receive and process warehouse stock products; Ascertain that all incoming shipments are safely unloaded and moved to assigned storage areas.
- Retrieve and prepare orders – checking for accuracy – by pulling materials and packaging inventory as each customer order requires.
- Process order requests via an online ordering system and work side-by-side with other associates, and management team to ensure order processing accuracy and compliance.
- Stack items in the delivery truck in a manner that they are secure and ensure that fragile items are carefully handled.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization.
Speedy Mobility at its Best
- Maintain order freshness by following strict hygiene and food safety guidelines and working within tight deadlines.
- Picking up and delivering various packages to specified locations as per the delivery instructions provided by Field Process Leader.
- Regularly communicating with Field Process leader to provide delivery updates and receive instructions for new deliveries.
Foster Customer Service, Success, & Standards
- Ensure professionalism and courtesy when interfacing with customers – while maintaining the notable CDC-regulated 6-feet rule to complete the order delivery process.
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints from clients.
- Initiate, coordinate, and enforce operational policies and procedures while maintaining healthy, safety, and hygiene standards and regulations.
What We Want from You:
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to drive a 15ft van.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Previous delivery vehicle experience
- Strong safety mindset
- A disciplined approach with high attention to detail, creativity, and innovation
- Ability to work under strict timelines and un-supervised.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with the city a plus, but not required.
- Pass a Drug Test that includes Marijuana, Background Check, and Motor Vehicle Report
What We’ll Provide
(Full-Time Employee Only)
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasionally move around the property by walking for extended periods of time.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as cash register, calculator, copier/printer
- Will remain in seated/standing position for extended periods of time.
- Work is performed in outdoor environments.
- Employees are subject to environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold weather.
- Protection from weather conditions may be provided, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.