Van Delivery Driver
The Bronx, New York, United States
Now Hiring Delivery Drivers for Part Time and Full Time $17.50/hr +Tips!
Earning potential up to $23.00 - $26.00/hr.
Raise every 6 months for the first 2.5 years for employees in good standing.
$100 bonus added to your first check for completing your Onboarding, including drug test, within 24 hours of your interview.
Who You’ll Work For
REEF transforms urban spaces into community hubs that create jobs and bring new goods, services and experiences to the neighborhood. With an ecosystem of 5,000 locations and a team that’s over 18,000 strong, REEF is the largest operator of parking real estate and delivery restaurants in North America. By connecting the world to your block, we’re making the place you live, the place you love to be.
Why REEF Logistics?
Control your potential - the average tip is around $4.25 per delivery for certain customers, the more deliveries you complete, the more you can make. We have drivers that make $30+ an hour!
Work when it's convenient for you - we hire part time and full time. Full time comes with growth opportunities, but if you are looking for a side, hustle, part time is a great path.
Full Time - If you want to be full time, your schedule will be more traditional. We will do our best to meet your preference, but we will expect you to meet your set scheduled day and hours. This does include weekends, holidays, morning shifts, and evening shifts. Full time comes with benefits, paid holidays, and PTO.
**We do expect full time employees to work at least one weekend day**
Part Time - work 1 day a week, or work 7. You tell us the days and times that work best for you, and we will schedule you then. If you are looking for a side hustle to make some extra cash with little commitment, we are a good fit.
Flexible Scheduling - Are you interested in picking up a route in between gigs or are interested in filling out your days? Let us know! We have routes available from dusk to night-time!
New Equipment – 2020 vans with Bluetooth and safety cameras.
Dense routing - No searching for your next stop or driving halfway across the city. We supply the equipment, the routing, and the sequencing, allowing you to maximize your tips!
Simplicity - We believe it’s just this simple… show up on time, be safe, do your job, and have fun.. We take care of the routing, the training, and the bikes, so you can focus on earning.
People that care - We pride ourselves on hiring employees who want to be entrepreneurial and grow. At REEF, we want to hear feedback and input to constantly improve and get better. We are always challenging ourselves to grow and expect people who want to be the best. If you think this is just talk, ask our current team members what they like and dislike. Try us out!
REEF’s Misson - REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block. We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences. With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America. Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way
What You’ll Do
Van Delivery Driver will arrive at a fast paced and high energy location. The Van Delivery Driver needs to be ready to use a smartphone or other electronic devices to perform safety checklists, enter time, and perform work tasks. The Van Delivery Driver needs to keep safety in mind always and promptly report any concerns. While being a part of a team you will be asked to ride an electric bike or at times be on foot. While maintaining professionalism and customer courtesy, you’ll follow delivery instructions while interfacing with customers via online channels to communicate order arrivals, details, and delivery challenges.
Receive & Deliver Orders
- Load items onto the bike in a manner that they are secure and ensure top quality.
- Deliver orders on time in accordance with their delivery window.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization.
Speedy Mobility at its Best
- Maintain order freshness by following strict hygiene and food safety guidelines and working within delivery windows
- Picking up and delivering various packages to specified locations as per the delivery instructions provided by Field Process Leader.
- Regularly communicating with the Field Process leader to provide delivery updates and receive instructions for new deliveries.
Foster Customer Service, Success, & Standards
- Ensure professionalism and courtesy when interfacing with customers.
What We Want From You:
Before you read below.. Studies show that until every condition is fully met, individuals less inclined to apply for jobs. Since we at REEF are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, we urge you to apply even if some of the requirements listed in the job description don't quite match your expertise. You could be the perfect candidate for this role or others.
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License + clean driving record
- Ability to drive a 15ft van
- Positive customer service and communication skills
- Previous delivery vehicle experience
Strong safety mindset
- Dynamic thinking, the ability to adjust and take on new challenges.
- A disciplined approach with high attention to detail, creativity, and innovation
- Ability to work under strict timelines and un-supervised
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the city a plus, but not required.
What We’ll Provide:
(Full-Time Employee Only)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life and Disability
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Will remain in seated/standing position for extended periods of time.
- Move around the property or delivery locations by walking for extended periods of time, sometimes for the entire duration of shift.
- Ability to lift and carry a tote up to 50 lbs to its delivery location.
- Work is performed in outdoor environments.
- Employees are subject to environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold weather.
- Protection from weather conditions may be provided, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.