Van Delivery Driver
Yonkers, New York, United States
$18 Hourly Base
* Flexible Hours - Part Time or Full Time! *
Who You’ll Work For
REEF transforms urban spaces into community hubs that create jobs and bring new goods, services, and experiences to the neighborhood. With an ecosystem of 5,000 locations and a team that’s over 18,000 strong, REEF is the largest operator of parking real estate and delivery restaurants in North America. By connecting the world to your block, we’re making the place you live, the place you love to be.
Why REEF Logistics?
Work when it's convenient for you - we hire part-time and full-time. Full-time comes with growth opportunities, but if you are looking for a side, hustle, part-time is a great path.
Full Time - If you want to be full time, your schedule will be more traditional. We will do our best to meet your preference, but we will expect you to meet your set scheduled day and hours. This does include weekends, holidays, morning shifts, and evening shifts. Full time comes with benefits, paid holidays, and PTO.
Part-Time - work 1 day a week or work 7. You tell us the days and times that work best for you, and we will schedule you then. If you are looking for a side hustle to make some extra cash with little commitment, we are a good fit.
New Equipment – 2020 vans with Bluetooth and safety cameras.
People that care - We pride ourselves on hiring employees who want to be entrepreneurial and grow. At REEF, we want to hear feedback and input to constantly improve and get better. We are always challenging ourselves to grow and expect people who want to be the best. If you think this is just talk, ask our current team members what they like and dislike. Try us out!
REEF’s Misson - REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block. We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences. With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America. Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way
What You’ll Do
Van Delivery Driver will arrive at a fast-paced and high-energy location. The Van Delivery Driver needs to be ready to use a smartphone or other electronic devices to perform safety checklists, enter time, and perform work tasks. The Van Delivery Driver needs to keep safety in mind always and promptly report any concerns. While maintaining professionalism and customer courtesy, you’ll follow delivery instructions while interfacing with customers via online channels to communicate order arrivals, details, and delivery challenges.
What You’ll do on a typical day
- Operate an assigned vehicle safely and responsibly within all federal and state laws and regulations.
- Follow safety protocols for loading and unloading parts to be delivered or returned.
- Plan daily schedule based on customers' needs by reviewing paperwork.
- Present bills, receipts, and collect payment of parts delivered/returned.
- Accurately verify that parts match paperwork prior to loading and delivery/return.
- Accurately and neatly complete all paperwork for daily submission.
- Maintain delivery vehicle to include cleanliness and reporting of repair needs, perform pre and post trip maintenance inspections on assigned vehicle.
- Load parts into delivery vehicle in a manner that they are secure and ensure top quality.
- Deliver parts on time in accordance with their delivery window.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization.
Speedy Mobility at its Best
- Picking up and delivering various parts to specified locations as per the delivery instructions provided by Field Process Leader.
- Regularly communicating with the Field Process leader to provide delivery updates and receive instructions for new deliveries.
Foster Customer Service, Success, & Standards
- Ensure professionalism and courtesy when interfacing with customers.
What We Want from You:
Before you read below... Studies show that until every condition is fully met, individuals are less inclined to apply for jobs. Since we at REEF are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, we urge you to apply even if some of the requirements listed in the job description do not match your expertise. You could be the perfect candidate for this role or others.
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License + clean driving record
- Ability to drive a 15ft van (full sized Ram or Ford)
- Ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers, and management.
- Previous delivery vehicle experience
Strong safety mindset
- Dynamic thinking, the ability to adjust and take on new challenges.
- A disciplined approach with high attention to detail, creativity, and innovation
- Ability to work under strict timelines and un-supervised
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Familiarity with Westchester County is a plus, but not required.
What We’ll Provide:
(Full-Time Employee Only)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life and Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Will remain in seated/standing position for extended periods of time.
- Move around the property or delivery locations by walking for extended periods of time, sometimes for the entire duration of shift.
- Ability to operate a manual pallet jack and hand truck.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes up to 50 lbs. to its delivery location.
- Ability to reach, bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel.
- Work is performed in outdoor environments.
- Employees are subject to environmental conditions including extreme heat and wintry weather.
- Protection from weather conditions may be provided, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
REEF Technology is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.