Virtual Trainer - Call Center
Working Hours: 40 hours per week (5 days x 8 hours) on a variable schedule to match the training requirements of Customer Experience Representatives (CXRs) in a 24x365 call center.
Location: Remote / Work from Home
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block. We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences. With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America. Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Director of CX, the CX trainer will develop and facilitate outstanding training and workshop activities that engage employees, help them meet their learning objectives, and contribute to the department’s overall performance targets. This position will regularly review training practices to maximize participation, satisfaction, and success.
The primary job function is training for Call Centre CXRs via self-paced, online curriculum. Secondary function is Internal Services training. Additional responsibilities include training of other Shared Services departments and roles.
• High energy, creative, engaging live facilitation of Day 1 orientation, including clear learning objectives, code of conduct, timekeeping, etc.
• General facilitation of self-paced new-hire CXR training as scheduled by the CX department, across a wide variety of business verticals with proprietary REEF systems and applications.
• Live facilitation of call simulation role plays and soft-skills development.
• Live facilitation of refresher and up-training for productive CXRs.
• Adapt training methods and instructional material to meet learners’ varying learning styles.
• Touch base with trainees regularly to assess progress, comprehension, and engagement.
• Remain accessible during working hours to answer trainee questions.
Content Creation & Updates 20%
• Use Articulate Rise to build engaging, self-paced, online learning content and curriculum that creates job readiness for CXRs using a range of proprietary REEF systems and applications.
• Ensure the business, learning, and key performance requirements for training content and materials are the framework of training curriculum.
• Build role-play exercises as part of the trainee assessment for job readiness.
• Ongoing needs assessment of training content and materials with continuous updates of training curriculum to reflect operational updates.
• Create new content as needed for new REEF verticals.
• Build scored quizzes and tests.
• Communicate frequently and effectively with stakeholders to ensure goals and objectives are being met.
• Manage trainee schedule adherence during training.
• Conduct performance management and/or disciplinary action as required under the guidance of HR and CX management.
• Ensure trainees are completing training feedback surveys.
• Enroll trainees to REEF’s Learning Management System (LMS).
• Ensure trainees are fully enrolled in Payroll and Workforce HR systems.
• Enroll trainees in REEF orientation sessions.
• Update Asana with key information related to new hires and training classes.
• Schedule peer-shadowing
• Prepare for training requirements by meeting weekly with the CX Support Services, Recruitment and Payroll teams.
• Approving Timecards and assisting with Payroll
• Schedule IT designates for Day 1 laptop configuration for new hires.
• Work one-on-one with trainees to provide feedback and coaching as necessary to achieve job readiness.
• Document coaching efforts and outcomes.
•Other duties as reasonably assigned
What We Want From You
• Experience: minimum 1 year of experience as a Trainer, ideally in a call center or other high-volume, results focused environment.
• Previous experience designing training for a virtual audience.
• Passion: a passion for creating and delivering engaging learning content that drives trainee job readiness and success. Positive, respectful, and enthusiastic.
• Exemplary time management skills: The ability to balance unplanned tasks and duties while consistently and successfully meeting both ongoing and ad-hoc responsibilities.
• Strong prioritization skills: Excellent skill in prioritizing tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment. Ability to meet ongoing responsibilities even while shifting priorities as new information or situations arise.
• System & process expertise: A commitment to ongoing learning to develop and maintain expertise on systems & processes used in the Call Centre. Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications.
• Excellent problem solver: Enjoys applying system and process expertise to get to the root of a problem and apply a solution. Ability to apply solutions to ‘big picture.’
• Strong attention to detail & focus on accuracy
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, both orally and in writing. Excellent literacy.
• Five9 and/or Verint experience is an asset.
What We’ll Provide
• Life and Disability
• 401K (US) or RRSP Contributions (Canada)
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Thank you for joining the REEF Talent Network!